Scarlet Media is a new service offered through the Rutgers iTV Studio. Scarlet Media utilizes a student workforce overseen by professionals. The majority of interactions to produce your project will be with our undergraduate students. This differs from the iTV model that utilizes seasoned industry professionals who will direct, light, produce and edit a large-scale or priority project. Scarlet Media services are recommended for events or needs that do not require broadcast-ready quality. By utilizing students who are learning and growing, we are able to produce projects at a lower cost that can typically be scheduled.
FAQs / Resources
So that we can offer you quality services at a reasonable cost, we manage productions by scheduling personnel, facilities and other resources cost-effectively.
If for any reason you need to cancel a scheduled production, we ask that you contact our office 2 days, or 48 hours, before the start time of the booked event, to avoid being billed. Voicemail and email cancelations may be done during office hours 5 days a week by notifying Debra Andriano, Production Coordinator, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 848-445-5007, ext. 2
Our cancelation policy and associated fees are as follows:
- Cancelation 48 hours before project scheduled start time: No charge.
- Cancelation between 48 hours and 24 hours prior to project scheduled start time: You will be billed 50% of the project cost unless iTV Studio is able to resell the time.
- Cancelation with less than 24 hours notice prior to project start time: You will be billed 100% of the cost of the project unless iTV Studio is able to resell the time.
- Cancelations of projects schedule for a weekend: You must cancel by 5 p.m. the previous Thursday to avoid any charges.
- Rutgers University holiday or closure: You must add an additional 24 hours notification time per the cancelation periods listed above.
- Project canceled before completion: You will be billed for all the services provided to your project including and up to the cancelation date.
- Cancelations cannot be made by voicemail after 5 p.m. on Friday. The office is closed at that time and no one is available to retrieve messages. In cases of emergency, contact the Office Manager’s cell phone, which is provided upon project confirmation.
No. The Rutgers iTV Studio recently announced Scarlet Media services, which utilizes a student workforce under professional supervision to provide a reduced cost product at a slightly lower quality. RUTV (http://www.rutv.rutgers.edu) provides a community access channel for the New Brunswick/Piscataway Campus and is largely managed by a student population.
All work performed by iTV Studio outside of the Scarlet Media service is done by industry professionals vetted for their experience, creativity and technical knowledge.
Yes. Locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
Scarlet Media however only operates on the Rutgers-New Brunswick Campuses currently.
Well. Watch TV. Listen to your Radio. And surf that Web. There... you're now saavy. Use your instincts of what looks good and sounds good. And remember, some qualitative differences are due to what the client may have wanted in a production, what the budget was, the expertise level of the production team, and most of all --an unclear vision. Good quality is never obvious, bad quality will jump out at you.
The Rutgers iTV Studio has high quality, professional standards. Remember; you can't compare apples and oranges.
Check it out:
Good question. Refer to our rates page for typical packages and average costs.
Knowing your budget range is necessary to determine how many days of production you can afford and what type of services can be utilized. People will tell you that it could cost $1,000 per minute. But then those people are wrong because a six hour, single camera seminar is not $6,000-- and the client who paid $150K for a 30 second commercial must certainly feel befuddled. Search and call around for pricing. Look at sample work and--- like buying a car or refurbishing your home--- go with quality and people you trust.
You have choices. Make Rutgers iTV Studio one of your options.